1. Welcome to I've Had That a place where as a community we can catalog and discuss cigars, beer, and whiskey. Please register and introduce yourself.
    Dismiss Notice

Flor de las Antillas

Discussion in 'Cigar Database' started by Eric, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Grand poobah of all that I survey.
    Staff Member Admin

Voted cigar of the year by Cigar Aficionado in 2012. This cigar is produced by the Garcia family at the My Father Cigars factory in Nicaragua.

Specifics:
    Wrapper:
    Nicaraguan Sun Grown
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Strength: Medium
    Price: $7 msrp

Vitolas
    BELICOSO 5.50 x 52
    ROBUSTO 5.00 x 50
    TORO GORDO 6.50 x 56
    TORO 6.00 x 52

Flor-de-las-Antillas-cigar.jpg Flor-de-las-Antillas-cigar-review-ratings.jpg

2. Eric

Eric Grand poobah of all that I survey.
    Staff Member Admin

I've had that!

There is much controversy surrounding this cigar due to it's high rating in CA. Personally I like the cigar and have smoked several. The flavors are nutty, cedar, white a subtle white spice. The construction is excellent and features a near perfect draw. For the price it's tough to argue the quality of this smoke.

3. A2A

A2A Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

I've had that!

Good cigar, priced right but I think it's overrated as far as being rated #1. I do stock my humi with these at times.

phi2100gaa likes this.
  4. phi2100gaa

phi2100gaa Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

I've had that!

As far as the ranking I just don't see it; however, I think a lot of people write it off because they feel its overranked. Its a solid smoke, especially for the money. I always keep some on hand. I enjoy them from time to time and they are great to give to friends who don't smoke a lot. You can tell them you are giving them the #1 ranked cigar of 2012. They usually enjoy it since it's not super strong and it doesn't break the bank. If it had been ranked #10 I feel it would get a lot more love.

Long Ashes,
    Gabe

jkraftchick, deford and A2A like this.
  5. A2A

A2A Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

I couldn't have said it better :D

6. Jaelipp

Jaelipp Owns man cave
    Inner Circle Member

This one took me 5 tries before I fell in love. I really do think that age has done wonders for this cigar. It's now one of my favorites and CA may have just got it right on this one. Well done MF

Nick B. likes this.
  7. marvink

marvink Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

Gabe said it best, I gave one to a friend (novice) last night and he fell in love. In fact he thought it was the best cigar he'd ever smoked, I could see where he was coming from without the knowledge of all the other great cigars out there. I enjoy this smoke as well and think it is one of the most solid cigars out there for the price, but not my favorite personally. Telling him it was cigar of the year was just icing on the cake =) ImageUploadedByIve Had That1383315251.978024.jpg

phi2100gaa and A2A like this.
  8. jdmitch

jdmitch Cigar, whiskey, & beer boss
    Inner Circle Member

That's good to hear. The first one I had was good, not great. However I've got a couple gifted ones in my humi...

9. Sendo

Sendo More than a n00b

I've HAD THAT...spicy smoke a little too easy on the draw so I usually punch em'...

Eric likes this.
  10. dema9o9ue

dema9o9ue Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

I enjoy this cigar but I agree on the easy draw. My step dad just started smoking and this is his first true favorite cigar. If anything I'm glad it brought My Father cigars to the limelight for the novice smoker. They deserve it!

deford likes this.
  11. Scott P.

Scott P. Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

I'VE HAD THAT!!!

Personally, I don't care about ratings much. It will get me to try one, but I don't hold a high or low rating against a cigar. I like this one so much I bought a box at a recent My Father dinner event. Great smoke.

302JH and deford like this.
  12. Moranski

Moranski N00b

Recently bought this and loved it the first time I smoked it. Got one for my buddy and he fell in love with it right away. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.