1. Welcome to I've Had That a place where as a community we can catalog and discuss cigars, beer, and whiskey. Please register and introduce yourself.
    Dismiss Notice

I got tricked!!! Maybe....need some clarification on JV13's

Discussion in 'The Humidor - Cigar Discussion' started by eswary, Nov 23, 2013.

1. eswary

eswary Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

Long story short, I found out last night while herfing with a friend that the dress box JV13's do not come with individual celly's. They indeed come without celly's in the coffin.

I had "heard" that the dress box cigars are better within this years Monster series release. Whether this is a rumor or not, remains to be determined. So under that theory I have been buying up all of them at one of my favorite shops here in Miami(Neptune). 2 stick limit per visit.

So, apparently they are refilling the dress box with regular JV13's and selling them out of the dress box. False advertisement, I say. I plan on going in today for a explanation....kinda pissed. I already have a regular box of them. Dammit!!

2. Joshua V.

Joshua V. Had way too much
    Inner Circle Member

Shady situations like this is why sometimes I don't like b&ms. You never know what they are hiding in the closet. oh well . . .

3. smokin`_cubans

smokin`_cubans Had a little
    Inner Circle Member

yeah thats BS. although i doubt the dressbox sticks are any different than the plain boxed ones. i'm of the opinion the jv13 will be soooo much better in 4 or 5 years. they taste like they were rushed into retail. they have the power to really age well. i think the cello will help them age a bit slower which will allow the flavors to develop more fully.