1. Welcome to I've Had That a place where as a community we can catalog and discuss cigars, beer, and whiskey. Please register and introduce yourself.
    Dismiss Notice

La Antiguedad Toro by My Father Cigar Factory

Discussion in 'Cigar Database' started by BOYSCOUT, Sep 21, 2014.

1. BOYSCOUT

BOYSCOUT More than a n00b

La Antiguedad:

Vitolas Available

Available in five sizes. The cigars are packaged in 20 count boxes.

Toro: 5 5/8 x 55

Price: $148.95 USD

Wrapper: Habano Ecuador Rosado Oscuro
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan

I have had 4 La Antiguedad Toro's and found them all to be a nicely packed box-press with no soft spots. The wrapper itself has a light oily coat to it. The cigar itself was had almost no veins, and there were a few visible wrapper seams.

The start to the La Antiguedad delivered notes of coffee, black pepper, and some black cherry. In the early stages, the black cherry notes became primary with the coffee notes a close secondary note.. The black pepper floated back and forth between the forefront and background. The pepper had a tingling sensation on the tongue.

The coffee flavors transitioned to more of a creamy chocolate and join the black cherry notes in the forefront. pepper notes were now a close secondary note but never overwhelming.

In the second third, the creamy chocolate notes were now primary. The pepper notes were still secondary while the black cherry notes were now also in the background.

The last third saw the creamy chocolate notes transition to more of a classic Nicaraguan earthy flavor. The pepper had transitioned back to the forefront while the cherry notes pretty much dissipated. The end of the cigar had some spice, but exhibited no signs of harshness. The resulting nub was firm and cool in temperature to the touch.

Burn and Draw

La Antiguedad has the type of burn and draw performance that I have experienced with other tMy Father Cigar factory - excellent. The burn line remained relatively straight from start to finish requiring one touch-up of one cigar of the four I have smoked. The ash was a silvery gray color that was not prone to any significant flaking or flowering. The burn rate and burn temperature were both great

The draw was excellent o It was not too loose and not too tight. I found this a low maintenance cigar.

La Antiguedad is in the upper end of the medium to full range of the spectrum - falling just a little short of full strength

I turkey enjoyed each cigar I have smoked so far and find this to be worthy of a box purchase.
    I sincerely could smoke this cigar on a daily basis.

Burn: Excellent
    Draw: Excellent
    Complexity: Medium
    Strength: Medium to Full
    Body: Full
    Finish: Excellent

Eric and deford like this.
  2. BOYSCOUT

BOYSCOUT More than a n00b