1. Welcome to I've Had That a place where as a community we can catalog and discuss cigars, beer, and whiskey. Please register and introduce yourself.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotch The Balvenie 15 Caribbean Cask

Discussion in 'Whiskey Database' started by Sam.Mobley, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Sam.Mobley

Sam.Mobley More than a n00b

Absolutely wonderful whisky of the Speyside region. I have seen the bottle for sale on the Internet for $60+. In the area that I live, I couldn't have it shipped and couldn't find it in any store for under $90. However, I believe this bottle is worth every penny. I'm so happy I bought it and plan on buying more when this one is gone.

Most of the aging occurs in old bourbon oak casks and it is finished in Jamaican rum casks. I've heard it spends anywhere from 3 to 6 months in rum casks. You definitely pick up spicy rum flavors, dried fruit flavors, and strong toffee and vanilla on the nose.

Overall, a great whisky! I highly recommend buying a bottle of it as soon as you can.

TW and NateR like this.
  2. Sam.Mobley

Sam.Mobley More than a n00b

Sorry...aged 14 years.

3. TW

TW Owns man cave
    Inner Circle Member

Now that I've had (the 14 not the 15)! Love this one. I first had this in Puerto Rico during an all rum-cask aged whisky tasting. That wonderful Balvenie maltyness plus raisins, molasses and brown sugar from the rum barrels.

deford likes this.