1. Welcome to I've Had That a place where as a community we can catalog and discuss cigars, beer, and whiskey. Please register and introduce yourself.
    Dismiss Notice

Random WOW, pinch me

Discussion in 'The Cabinet - Whiskey Discussion' started by Ky Bourbon, May 9, 2015.

1. Ky Bourbon

Ky Bourbon Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

So I get a phone call while out riding with my dad..... It would appear they drew my name
    Pappy For Your Pappy
    X
    Pappy For Your Pappy
    This Father’s Day, make him a happy pappy with a one-of-a-kind dinner event as Julian and Preston Van Winkle guide you through a tasting of the various ages of Van Winkle Bourbons. Don’t forget to bring your favorite Van Winkle item to have it signed at the end of the evening. 6:00 p.m. – Optional Tour. 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Dinner/Event. $85 per person. Lottery system in place; entries taken May 4-7 by phone, 502-696-5930, or email, events@buffalotrace.com. On May 8, drawing will occur and winners will be notified. Seating limited to 130 people. Entering into this lottery does not guarantee a ticket to this event.

At the Buffalo trace distillery about 20 mins (tops) from my front door....

Jordan, Simon, Eric and 2 others like this.
  2. Ky Bourbon

Ky Bourbon Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

OH according to the lady on the phone and email sent to me; There will be a tasting of 12,15,20, and 23 yr Van Winkle Bourbon. A tour conducted by Julian "that is not covered in the normal trace tour" and all the Van Winkle stuff for sale, but alas No bourbon for sale...DAMN Wonder if he would sign my bottle of 15 lol

NateR likes this.
  3. deford

deford Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Inner Circle Member

I can't even begin to say how sic this is...just fantastic!! Enjoy brother!!!

NateR likes this.
  4. jdmitch

jdmitch Cigar, whiskey, & beer boss
    Inner Circle Member

5. Eric

Eric Grand poobah of all that I survey.
    Staff Member Admin

Forget the lottery.... I wanna win this instead. :)

deford, Ky Bourbon and Simon like this.
  6. Ky Bourbon

Ky Bourbon Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

Well Last night was the dinner, and man it was really good food, LOTS of GREAT bourbon, Not real sure what I expected but Preston and Julian were very down to earth and approachable. Actually came to our table and made sure we didn't need anything (got there early) stood and talked and had cocktails then mingled off as more people showed up..... IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0057.JPG IMG_0058.JPG

marksd, deford, TW and 3 others like this.
  7. Ky Bourbon

Ky Bourbon Had too much
    Inner Circle Member

Oh, and of course Rule #1 of a premium bourbon event (when you have 2 tickets)......Bring someone that don't like bourbon, lol doubles. Even though my dad don't like bourbon, he still tried the 12, 20, and 23. But I got the lions share of it. Now that I have tried the different Pappy, I can say (to me) 15 is the best, 20 is real close, like a 15 without any bite. Sadly 23 was almost a let down, I think it may be over oaked for me. .....But always a fine bourbon.

deford, Simon and NateR like this.
  8. deford

deford Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Inner Circle Member

Agree that 15 is the one to have....

jdmitch likes this.